The following are caribbean vegetables that might be an option for you to cook. This is a reference for caribbean vegetables so that your menu is not boring, and has a new taste.
Popular Caribbean Vegetables
1. Caribbean Vegetables with sweet potato
Quoting from the My Recipes page, this is the way to cook this Caribbean Vegetables:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups chopped peeled sweet potato (about 1 pound)
- ½ cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ¼ cups chopped zucchini
How to cook:
- Heat oil in a massive nonstick skillet over medium-excessive heat.
- Add candy potato; saute five mins.
- Add chook broth and subsequent 7 ingredients (chook broth via pepper);
- prepare dinner dinner 15 mins or till potato is tender.
- Add zucchini;
- Prepare dinner dinner 2 mins.
Nutrition : Per Serving: 187 energy; energy from fats 14%; fats 2.9g; saturated fats 0.4g; mono fats 1.7g; poly fats 0.4g; protein 3.6g; carbohydrates 37.8g; fiber 5.7g; iron 1.2mg; sodium 150mg; calcium 47mg.
2. Caribbean Vegetables Curry
Quoting from the Sainsburys Magazine page, this is the way to cook this Caribbean Vegetables Curry:
- 1½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1½ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ tsp ground turmeric
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 red Scotch bonnet chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 x 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
- 700g prepared butternut squash, cut into small chunks (about 2.5cm)
- 1 x 200g pack fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunky strips
- 1 x 300g pack medium vine tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- 1 x 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 100g bag baby leaf spinach
- a drizzle of coconut cream
- 1 small bunch roughly chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked coconut
- 3 limes, wedges, to serve
How to cook:
- Make an afternoon beforehand and reheat to serve, including a bit water if the curry appears too thick. It freezes well, too.
- Grind the complete spices to a best powder in a spice grinder, or use a pestle and mortar. Mix with the cayenne pepper and turmeric.
- Heat three tablespoons of the coconut oil in a wide, shallow pan (a sauté pan or a large, deep frying pan), upload the onion and season lightly.
- Cover and prepare dinner dinner over a low warmth for 10 mins till well tender however now no longer browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli, cowl and prepare dinner dinner for two-three mins. Stir withinside the floor spices and prepare dinner dinner for two mins more.
Add the coconut milk, cinnamon stick, sugar, lime juice, inventory and butternut squash, cowl and simmer lightly for 10 mins, stirring now and then.
- Add the inexperienced beans, cowl and simmer for a similarly 10 mins or till the butternut squash is simply tender.
- Meanwhile, warmth the ultimate tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the purple peppers for 4-five mins till simply tender. Stir the fried peppers, tomato quarters, kidney beans and spinach into the curry, cowl and simmer for two mins or till the tomatoes are simply starting to soften.
- Season to flavor with salt, drizzle over a few coconut cream and scatter over the chopped coriander and flaked coconut. Serve with lime wedges.
3. Caribbean Vegetables with Style Chicken & Veggies
Quoting from the cozy country living page, this is the way to cook this Caribbean Vegetables with Style chicken:
- 1 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 2 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced in half the long way
- 1 red onion quartered
- 1/2 lb. asparagus
- 1 zucchini quartered the long way
- 1 yellow squash sliced into pieces
- 1 orange pepper quartered
- 1 red pepper quartered
How to cook Caribbean Vegetables with style chicken:
- In a small blending bowl, whisk the dry spices into the Mazola Corn Oil.
- With a fork, pierce the chook throughout to tenderize and permit for marinade to penetrate the meat.
- Place chook in a gallon sized plastic bag, and pour 3/four of the marinade into the bag. Close the bag, together along with your fingers flow the bag round backward and forward and rub down the marinade into all the chook calmly coating it. Place in fridge and permit the chook take a seat down for at the least 20 mins to marinade.
- Place your reduce vegetables (reduce more or less the equal size)into every other gallon sized plastic bag, seal and upload last marinade to the vegetables. (Reserve a touch in case you would love to sweep the chook with it at the same time as grilling. Let take a seat down at the least 20 mins to marinade.
- Preheat your fueloline grill to a medium heat.
- Place chook at the grill and prepare dinner dinner four-five mins on every aspect or till the temperature reaches one hundred sixty five degrees. Brush reserved marinade onto chook at the same time as grilling if desired.
- In a grill pan or small forged iron skillet, prepare dinner dinner/grill vegetables on the opposite aspect of the grate till softened.
- Remove chook from grill and permit take a seat down for five mins protected with foil to permit it relaxation and to permit the flavors distribute.
- Serve warm with the grilled vegetables.
- This meal is going high-quality with a aspect salad or with rice.
That’s Caribbean Vegetables that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
This is delicious Menu Breakfast that you can try: 5 Caviar Appetizer Menu, You Should Try!