Lovers of the Japanese animated film Doraemon will know very well about Doraemon Dorayaki.
The cake, which is shaped like two small pancakes filled with red bean paste, is a favorite of the robot cat who is the main character of the cartoon, Doraemon.
Apparently, you don’t have to go all the way to Japan just to taste dorayaki. You can also make your own at home.
The filling is not only red bean paste but can be replaced with chocolate, cheese, or other flavors according to taste.
Doraemon dorayaki Recipe
1. Doraemon Dorayaki with Red Beans
- 100 grams of wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 75 ml liquid milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 100 gr. red beans or green beans (according to taste)
- 3 tablespoons sugarliquid milk (150 mL)
How to make dorayaki:
- Mix honey, eggs, sugar, and salt, then beat until thick, similar to martabak dough. Add flour and liquid milk little by little. Stir until smooth.
- Prepare a dorayaki cake mold that has been heated and greased with oil or butter. Pour a spoonful of vegetable mixture into the mold to a height of 3/4 of the mold.
- Leave until the surface looks like it has holes, then close the mold and cook. When the bottom is brown, remove it from the heat.
- To make dorayaki filling, boil red beans until soft, then remove and drain. Puree red beans. Cook red beans with liquid milk and sugar until thickened.
- Remove. Smooth the surface of the dorayaki with the filling, then cover with more dorayaki. Do it until dorayaki or the contents run out. Serve
2. Doraemon Dorayaki with Nutella
Ingredient Doraemon Dorayaki with Nutella:
- 2 eggs
- 75 g of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey (required)
- 140 g wheat flour, 30 mL cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 100 milliliters of liquid milk
- Chocolate jam
How to make Doraemon Dorayaki with Nutella:
- Beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla until foamy with a whisk. Add honey and cooking oil. After that, stir until smooth.
- Enter the flour and baking soda gradually. If so, mix well again using a spatula. Finally, add the liquid milk and stir until smooth.
- After that, let it sit for 10-15 minutes until the dough is frothy. Heat up the teflon over low heat. Pour 1 tablespoon of vegetables into the Teflon.
- Wait for the surface to bubble. Turn around for a second and pick it up. Do it to the end. Fill it with Nutella.
3. Doraemon Dorayaki with Cheese
Ingredient Doraemon Dorayaki with Cheese:
- 200 g flour (medium protein)
- 50 g of sugar
- 50 g powdered milk
- 2 eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150 ml of water.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda + 1 teaspoon water
- enough sweetened condensed milk
- enough stick cheese
- Enough margarine
How to make Doraemon Dorayaki with Cheese:
- Mix flour, sugar, milk powder, and salt. Add eggs and water.
- Blend until smooth and sugar is dissolved.When done, cover the bowl with a napkin and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Pour baking soda diluted with water and add it to the dough. mix for a while so that it is even. Heat a non-stick pan, brush with a little margarine, and then wipe with a tissue (no need to grease it). Pour 1 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture over the
- Allow it to be porous. Once the bottom is browned, flip it over. Leave it for a while, then take it out. Do this until the dough runs out.
- Brush the top of the dorayaki with sweetened condensed milk. Give the grated cheese a chance, then cup 1 fruit dorayaki on top. Dorayaki cheese is ready to be served.