When you hear the word Dubai, you definitely think of the Burj Khalifa. In addition, the famous Dubai Street Food. If you visit Dubai, don’t forget to try its specialties, such as the following:
Dubai Street Food Recipes
1. Oman Chips Samoon (Dubai Street Food)
Ingredients Oman Chips Samoon (Dubai Street Food):
- 1 samoon/ roll
- 1 heaped tbsp cream cheese Kraft preferred, can use more as per your liking
- A nice dousing of chilli sauce Excellence preferred
- 15 gm pack of Oman potato chips
How to cook Oman Chips Samoon (Dubai Street Food):
- Cut the roll with the aid of using the middle and unfold out.
- Slater the cheese on each sides, drizzle the new sauce, and sprinkle the complete packet of chips into it.
- Close, provide it a moderate press to preserve shape. Enjoy your dubai street food!
2. Harees (Dubai Street Food)
Ingredients Harees (Dubai Street Food):
- 500 g – boneless chicken
- 3 – big onions, chopped longitudinally
- 4 – chillies, slit
- 3 – lemons
- 2 tbsp – curd
- 1 tsp – ginger-garlic paste
- 100 g – red grams
- 100 g – lentils
- 300 g – coarsely beaten wheat
- 1 tbsp – chilli powder
- 3 tbsp – chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp – mint leaves
- 6 tbsp – oil
- 2 – cloves
- 6 to 8 – black pepper seeds
- A pinch of turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 4 glasses – Water
How to cook Harees (Dubai Street Food):
- Cut the chook into medium portions and marinate it withinside the curd blended with 1/2 tsp salt, chilli powder and a touch turmeric for two hours.
- Set apart a cup of chopped onions.
- The relaxation have to be deep fried until golden brown and saved apart.
- Boil the pink gram and lentils with a touch turmeric (and no salt) for approximately 20 minutes. Set apart
- In a cooker, warmness oil and saute the onions.
- Add the slit chillies, cloves and black peppercorns.
- After a minute, upload the ginger-garlic paste and fry until brown.
- Add the marinated chook and the wheat. Add water and the mint leaves.
- Boil until the chook is absolutely cooked – four whistles.
- Now, upload the boiled gram and lentils.
- Add a few extra water to make a mild gravy.
- Add salt to flavor and boil it, constantly stirring until you get a thick gravy and the chook separates into first-class portions.
- Serve warm crowned with the deep fried onions, coriander and lime juice. Enjoy your Harees (street food in dubai). Enjoy your dubai street food!
3. Luqaimat (Dubai Street Food)
Ingredients Luqaimat (Dubai Street Food):
- 110 grams of wheat flour
- 14 grams of cornstarch
- 44 ml of warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1/4 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams of sugar
- 300 ml water
How to cook Luqaimat (Dubai Street Food):
- Put the sugar along with the water in a saucepan. Cook until the sugar dissolves with the water. When it is dissolved, turn off the heat and let the shira cool. Set aside the shira.
- To make the dough, first mix yeast and warm water, let stand a few minutes. After that, add the sugar, flour, baking powder, and cornstarch. Stir all the ingredients by adding warm water little by little. When the dough is sticky, add the cooking oil and mix until smooth.
- Cover and let the dough rest for 15 minutes, you can use a cloth or plastic. After the dough has risen, put it in a piping bag.
- Heat the oil for frying, don’t forget to heat the scissors to cut the dough into small pieces by dipping into the oil only at the ends. After that, fry the dough on medium heat.
- After all the dough is finished frying, remove and drain. After that, before enjoying it, don’t forget to water it with shira. Enjoy your dubai street food!
4. Falafel (Dubai Street Food)
Ingredients Falafel (Dubai Street Food):
- 1 lb dry chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) – you must start with dry, do NOT substitute canned
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3-5 cloves garlic (I prefer roasted garlic cloves)
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour or chickpea flour
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional – makes the falafel more fluffy)
- Vegetable oil for frying – grapeseed, sunflower, avocado, canola, and peanut oils all work well
How to cook Falafel (Dubai Street Food):
- Pour the chickpeas right into a big bowl and cowl them via way of means of approximately three inches of bloodless water.
- Add half of tsp of baking soda to the water and stir; this could assist melt the chickpeas. Cover the bowl and allow them to soak in a single day in a cool, darkish vicinity or withinside the refrigerator.
- The chickpeas have to soak as a minimum 12 hours and as much as 24 hours, till tender (alternate soaking water for sparkling water after 12 hours). They will double in length as they soak – you’ll have among four and five cups of beans after soaking.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well.
- Pour them into your meals processor in conjunction with the chopped onion, garlic cloves, parsley, flour or chickpea flour (use chickpea flour to make gluten free), salt, cumin, floor coriander, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and cardamom. Note: when you have a smaller meals processor, you’ll need to divide the substances in half and system the aggregate one batch at a time.
- Pulse all substances collectively till a rough, coarse meal forms.
- Scrape the perimeters of the processor periodically and push the aggregate down the perimeters. Process till the aggregate is someplace among the feel of couscous and a paste. You need the aggregate to preserve collectively, and a greater paste-like consistency will assist with that… however do not over-system, you do not need it becoming hummus!
- Once the aggregate reaches the favored consistency, pour it out right into a bowl and use a fork to stir; this could make the feel greater even throughout. Remove any big chickpea chunks that the processor missed.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Fill a skillet with vegetable oil to a intensity of one ½ inches. I favor to use cooking oil with a excessive smoke point, like grapeseed. Heat the oil slowly over medium heat.
- The perfect temperature to fry falafel is among 360 and 375 stages F; the first-class manner to screen the temperature is to apply a deep fry or sweet thermometer. After making those some times, you’ll begin to get a sense for whilst the oil temperature is “proper.”
- Meanwhile, shape falafel aggregate into spherical balls or slider-fashioned patties the usage of moist arms or a falafel scoop. I generally use approximately 2 tbsp of aggregate in line with falafel. You could make them smaller or large relying in your non-public preference.
- The balls will stick collectively loosely at first, however will bind well after they start to fry.
- If the balls might not preserve collectively, vicinity the aggregate again withinside the processor once more and preserve processing to make it greater paste-like.
- Keep in thoughts that the balls may be sensitive at first; if you may get them into the new oil, they’ll bind collectively and stick.
- If they nevertheless might not preserve collectively, you may strive including 2-three tbsp of flour or chickpea flour to the aggregate.
- If they nevertheless might not preserve, upload 1-2 eggs to the mix. This have to restoration any problems you’re having.
Before frying my first batch of falafel, I want to fry a check one withinside the middle of the pan. If the oil is on the proper temperature, it’ll take 2-three mins in line with aspect to brown (five-6 mins total). If it browns quicker than that, your oil is just too warm and your falafels will now no longer be completely cooked withinside the middle. Cool the oil down barely and strive once more.
- When the oil is on the proper temperature, fry the falafels in batches of five-6 at a time till golden brown on each sides.
- Once the falafels are fried, do away with them from the oil the usage of a slotted spoon.
- Let them drain on paper towels. Serve the falafels sparkling and warm; they move first-class with a plate of hummus and crowned with creamy tahini sauce. You also can stuff them right into a pita.
- After forming the balls or patties, dip them in sesame seeds previous to frying. This will make the falafel coating crunchier and supply it a barely nutty flavor.
- Add ½ cup extra chopped inexperienced parsley, or cilantro, or a aggregate of the 2 previous to blending.
- Add ¾ tsp turmeric to the meals processor previous to blending.
- Making a falafel pita is genuinely in reality simple. The important substances are pita bread and falafel.
- Cut the pita bread in 1\/2 to shape “pockets.” Each pocket is a serving length. Stuff the pocket with falafel, in addition to any accessories you fancy.
Here are a few conventional accessories that may be brought on your pita: tahini sauce, shredded lettuce, diced or sliced tomatoes, Israeli salad, onions, dill pickles, hummus, tabouli, french fries
- Here are a few much less conventional accessories which are additionally tasty: sprouts, cucumber slices, roasted peppers, roasted eggplant slices, sunflower seeds, feta cheese, yogurt, tzatziki. Enjoy your dubai street food!
5. Chicken Shawarma (Dubai Street Food)
Ingredients Chicken Shawarma (Dubai Street Food):
- 1 large garlic clove , minced (or 2 small cloves)
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper (reduce to 1/2 tsp to make it not spicy)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic , crushed
- 1 tsp cumin
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 4 – 5 flatbreads (Lebanese or pita bread orhomemade soft flatbreads)
- Sliced lettuce (cos or iceberg)
- Tomato slices
- Red onion , finely sliced
- Cheese , shredded (optional)
- Hot sauce of choice (optional)
How to cook Chicken Shawarma (Dubai Street Food):
- Marinade hen – Combine the marinade substances in a big ziplock bag.
- Add the hen, seal, the rub down from the outdoor together along with your arms to ensure every piece is coated. Marinate 24 hours (minimal three hours).
- Yogurt Sauce – Combine the Yogurt Sauce substances in a bowl and mix. Cover and placed withinside the refrigerator till required (it’ll remaining for three days withinside the refrigerator).
- Preheat range or BBQ – Heat a big non-stick skillet with 1 tablespoon over medium excessive heat, or gently brush a BBQ hotplate/grills with oil and warmth to medium excessive. (See notes for baking)
- Cook hen – Place hen withinside the skillet or at the grill and prepare dinner dinner the primary facet for four to five mins till properly charred.
- Turn and prepare dinner dinner the alternative facet for three to four mins (the 2d facet takes much less time).
- Rest – Remove hen from the grill and cowl loosely with foil. Set apart to relaxation for five mins.
- Slice hen and pile onto platter along flatbreads, Salad and the Yoghurt Sauce (or dairy unfastened Tahini sauce from this recipe).
- To make a wrap, get a chunk of flatbread and smear with Yoghurt Sauce. Top with a piece of lettuce and tomato and Chicken Shawarma. Roll up and enjoy your dubai street food!
That’s Dubai Street Food Recipes that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
Other recipes you might be interested in trying: 5 Popular African Street Food