Gunkan maki is a popular quick sushi. This is a popular Japanese dish. It is made by stretching nori seaweed over a cylindrical mold, then filling it with tempura (fried foods) and pickled vegetables. Are you looking for a quick lunch? Then you should try this recipe for 3 best gunkan maki menu.
Gunkan Maki Sushi Recipe
Quoting from various page sources, here is a Gunkan Maki Sushi recipe:
1. Gunkan Maki Sushi Simple
Ingredients Gunkan Maki Sushi Simple:
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1⅓ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Ikura (salmon roe)
- 1 tablespoon Tobiko (Flying fish roe)
- 1 tablespoon Salmon sashimi
- 1 tablespoon Avocado cuts
- 1 tablespoon Corn
- 1 tablespoon Mayonaisse
- 1 tablespoon Wasabi (discretionary)
How to cook Gunkan Maki Sushi Simple:
- To start with, you need to wash the rice. Wash it completely.
- Add 1 cup of the washed rice to the pot and afterward add 1 and a half cups of water. Utilize a rice cooker and set it to cook.
- Allow the cooked rice to cool in the refrigerator subsequent to taking it out. While trusting that the rice will chill off, blend the salt, sugar and vinegar in a bowl.
- Mix to break down well. Take out the rice from the cooler and pour the vinegar blend equally to it. Blend completely however be mindful so as not to smash the rice for the gunkan maki.
- Allow the rice to rest and chill off.
- Measure the nori ocean growth sheets to a level of 3.3 cm and cut. Ensure it’s sufficiently long to evenly wrap the rice.
- Clean the cutting board with a hosed material to stay away from the nori or the sushi rice staying. Wet your hands with some weakened vinegar and take around 25 grams of the rice.
- Shape the rice into an oval. Wrap the side of the rice with segments of nori.
- Utilize a grain of rice as paste to stick the closures of nori together to seal the “war vessel”.
- Cautiously fill the warship with your ideal fixings utilizing a fork or spoon.
2. Gunkan Maki Sushi With Shrimp
Ingredients Gunkan Maki Sushi With Shrimp:
- 125 g shrimp (cooked, salad style)
- 2 tablespoons kiwi natural products, diced
- 2 – 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (ideally Japanese)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon new ginger, ground
- 1 1⁄2 sheets nori, kelp
- 2 cups cooked rice, prepared with sushi vinegar preparing
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
How to cook Gunkan Maki Sushi With Shrimp:
- Blend the plate of mixed greens shrimp, kiwi natural product, mayonnaise and ginger in a little bowl and saved.
- Cut each sheet of nori into 1″ wide strips, for a sum of 12 strips.
- Blend 1 cup of water in with the rice vinegar in a little bowl and saved to use as hand vinegar, to wash your hands and hold the rice back from adhering to them.
- Dunk your hands in the hand vinegar and take 1-2 tablespoons of the cooked rice in one hand. Form it into a rectangular hill and 2 x 3/4 x 1 1/4″ high.
- Wrap a nori strip around it, covering around 3/4″ toward the end. Stick it along with a grain of vinegared rice. Put a loading teaspoon of the shrimp salad combination on top. Rehash to make 12 pieces.
- Present with cured ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.
3. Gunkan Maki Sushi With Wagyu
Ingredients Gunkan Maki Sushi With Wagyu:
- 2 ounces sushi rice, (around 1 cup)
- 4 strips nori (squeezed ocean growth sheets), around 1 1/4 inches wide by 4 inches long
- 4 quail eggs, isolated
- 4 ounces wagyu (ribeye liked), minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons newly pressed lemon juice
- a smidgen of additional virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- hacked chives, to decorate
- potato sticks, to embellish
How to cook Gunkan Maki Sushi With Wagyu:
- Partition rice into 4 divides and, utilizing your hands, structure little hills 1″ tall by 2″ wide.
- Wrap a segment of nori around the outline of each hill, leaving a lot of room on top for the nori to contain the filling.
- In a medium bowl, blend the wagyu, chives, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- Place 1/4 of the wagyu blend on each piece of sushi.
- Top each with a quail egg yolk, potato sticks, cleaved chives and sprinkle of ocean salt.
That’s Gunkan Maki Sushi Recipes that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
Other recipes you might be interested in trying: 3 Best Uramaki Sushi Menu