If you are looking for iftar food ideas, this article could be the answer. When fasting as it is today, the Maghrib call to prayer is the most awaited thing. Before breaking the fast arrives, it is certain that you will rack your brain thinking about what iftar menu for today.
Best Iftar Food Ideas
Quoting from various page sources, here is a Iftar Food Ideas Recipe:
1. Iftar Food Ideas: Aromatic lamb with dates
Ingredients Iftar Food Ideas: Aromatic lamb with dates:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion , finely chopped
- 500g diced boneless lean lamb , ideally from the leg
- 300g candy potatoes , reduce into small chunks
- 2 tsp floor coriander
- 2 tsp floor cinnamon
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 50g pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coriander , kind of chopped
How to cook Iftar Food Ideas: Aromatic lamb with dates:
- Heat the oil in a huge pan, upload the onion and lamb, then speedy fry till the lamb is gently browned.
- Add the candy potatoes and spices, then blend well. Pour in 425ml boiling water and the tomato purée, then carry to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes till candy potatoes and lamb are tender, including the dates for the very last 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with couscous. Enjoy your food for iftar.
2. Iftar Food Ideas: Chicken Biryani Rice
Ingredients Iftar Food Ideas:Chicken Biryani Rice:
- 1 domestic chicken, cut into 8 parts
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 10 red onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp finely grated garlic
- 3 red tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp biryani masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 5 green chilies, cut in half
- 250 ml plain yogurt
- 50 g coarsely chopped coriander leaves
- 50 g coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 800 g parsley, wash thoroughly
- 4 green cardamom
- 5 cloves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 5 cm cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chicken/mushroom stock
- 1 tbsp salt
How to cook Iftar Food Ideas: Chicken Biryani Rice:
- Seasoned Chicken: Sauté the shallots and onions until wilted and slightly browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, tomatoes, biryani masala, turmeric and chili powder. Stir until completely mixed.
- Add the chicken pieces, stir until the chicken is stiff.
- Add the yogurt and green chilies, stir until it boils and then reduce the heat.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked and the gravy is thick and oily, turn off the heat.
- Biryani Rice: Bring water to a boil with cardamom, cloves, cumin, cinnamon, stock and salt. Turn off the fire.
- Add the rice, stir until well blended and the water is absorbed by the rice. Wait a minute.
- Prepare the steamer, line it with leaves, put some of the rice in the steamer. Put the chicken along with the thick spices on it.
- Put on it the rest of the cooked rice. Steam for 20 minutes.
- Open the steamer, stir until the spices and chicken are combined with the yellow-brown rice and rice.
- Steam again for 10 minutes.
- Remove, serve warm with a sprinkling of chopped coriander leaves. Enjoy your food for iftar.
3. Iftar Food Ideas: Arabian Chicken Mandi
Ingredients Iftar Food Ideas: Arabian Chicken Mandi:
- 500 grams Chicken , with bones
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato
- three Green Chillies
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- three Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Salted) , softened
- Salt , to taste
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- four cups Water
- 1 tablespoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Cloves (Laung)
- half tablespoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- half teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- half tablespoon Dry ginger powder
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
How to cook Iftar Food Ideas: Arabian Chicken Mandi:
- To make the Mandi spice powder, dry roast the cardamom pods, cloves, black pepper, nutmeg dry ginger powder and bay leaves in a on on medium warmness for four-6 mins.
- Turn off the warmness, and permit it to cool.
- Transfer the spices in a mixer jar, and grind right into a quality powder the use of a mixer grinder.
- Heat a massive saucepan on medium warmness and upload oil.
- Once the oil is hot, upload finely chopped onion and sauté until translucent . This will take approximately 2-three mins.
- To the softened onions, upload the ginger paste and garlic paste and sauté until the uncooked scent is going away.
- Next, upload bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and black pepper and blend the entirety nicely.
- In a mixer jar combine, tomato and inexperienced chillies and grind right into a puree and upload it to the pan.
- When the oil begins offevolved to separate, upload the hen and blend. Add four cups of water and the Mandi spice powder in line with your taste. Mix, cowl and allow it prepare dinner dinner for approximately 15 mins. After 15 mins, flip off the warmness.
- We will moreover bake the hen, to get a crispy pores and skin.
- In a small blending bowl, upload smooth butter and Mandi spice powder and a few salt, blend nicely and maintain aside.
- Preheat the oven to two hundred stages centigrade. Remove the hen from the inventory and location it onto a baking tray and brush with butter and mandi spice powder mixture.
- Bake for 20 to twenty-five mins or till the pores and skin of the hen turns to a pleasant golden brown colour.
- Wash and soak basmati rice for at the least 20 mins.
- Heat olive oil in a massive pan on medium warmness, and fry the tired rice, stirring constantly for approximately 10 to fifteen mins.
- Add this pan roasted rice to the hen inventory. Now slide a massive piece of aluminium foil on pinnacle of the saucepan after which cowl it with the lid. Cook the rice on medium low flame for approximately 10 mins.
- Remove the lid and test if there may be any hint of water left. If water is left, then cowl and prepare dinner dinner for every other three to five mins. Now fluff the rice with a fork .
- Take ghee in a small bowl and location it withinside the center of the rice.
- Heat a chunk of charcoal on direct flame till it’s far sred hot, this can take approximately five mins.
- Once the charcoal is burning hot, location it withinside the bowl of ghee this is withinside the rice. Immediately slide again the aluminium foil and stable with lid.
- Open it most effective on the time of serving, because it offers a pleasant smokey taste to the rice. To serve, unfold rice onto a massive serving tray and location a chunk of baked hen at the pinnacle.
- Serve Arabian Chicken Mandi with Raw Mango raita and Pickled onions for a scrumptious weeknight dinner. Enjoy best food to eat for iftar.
4. Arabic Lamb Stew with Carrots and Zucchini
Ingredients Iftar Food Ideas: Arabic Lamb Stew with Carrots and Zucchini:
- 800 grams
- lamb (including shoulder)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- four tbsps
- vegetable oil
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp
- brown mustard seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp cilantro (ground)
- chili powder
- 750 milliliters
- pork broth
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- one hundred fifty grams chickpeas grams
How to cook Ingredients Iftar Food Ideas: Arabic Lamb Stew with Carrots and Zucchini :
- Rinse lamb, pat dry and chop. Peel garlic and onion, finely chop both. Heat oil in a saucepan and brown meat on excessive warmness, few portions at a time, do away with from the pan.
- Saute garlic and onion withinside the identical pan for approximately 3-four mins on medium warmness. Add cinnamon and mustard seeds, saute briefly.
- Season properly with salt and pepper. Return meat to the pan and upload bay leaf, cumin powder, coriander powder and 1 pinch of chili powder.
- Add broth and convey to a boil. Reduce warmness and simmer, covered, for approximately 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Peel carrots and reduce into slices. Rinse and region zucchini lengthwise, reduce into 1 cm (about half inch) thick portions. Peel the relaxation of onion and reduce into strips.
- Rinse chickpeas in a colander with bloodless water and drain.
- Add carrots and onions to lamb and simmer for some other 20 mins.
- Add zucchini and chickpeas and prepare dinner dinner for approximately 10 mins more. Season with salt and pepper to flavor and serve with couscous, if desired. Enjoy your food for iftar.
5. CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA PIZZA
Ingredients Iftar Food Ideas: CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA PIZZA:
- 10 oz. (three hundred g) skinless and boneless hen breast, reduce into half of-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- half of jalapeno, deseeded
- Salt to flavor
- 1 12-inches store-offered pizza crust or three (3) 7-inches mini pizza crusts
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1/four onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Handful of coriander leaves/cilantro, chopped, store a few for garnish
- half of teaspoon floor cumin
- half of teaspoon floor cayenne pepper
- half of teaspoon floor garam masala
- half of teaspoon minced sparkling ginger
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- 1/four teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons simple yogurt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- four oz. (a hundred and fifteen g) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons simple yogurt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- half of teaspoon cumin
- half of teaspoon paprika
- half of teaspoon garam masala
How to cook Ingredients Iftar Food Ideas: CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA PIZZA:
- In a bowl, marinade the hen with the Marinade for at the least an hour withinside the refrigerator.
- Line a layer of aluminum foil in a baking pan for grilling. Spread the marinated hen in a unmarried layer at the pan, discard the closing marinade. Grill the hen at 450°F (232°C) for 6-7 mins, turning at 1/2 of time.
- While the hen is cooking, put together the Tomato Sauce and Spice Mix in separate bowls. Remove the hen from the pan while it’s miles executed and discard the juice.
- Heat a small sauce pan and soften the butter. Sauté the garlic and jalapeno till aromatic. Pour withinside the Spice Mix and sauté till fragrant, approximately 1-2 mins on medium heat. Remove the jalapeno and discard.
- Add withinside the Tomato Sauce and stir nicely to mix. Sprinkle salt to flavor and maintain to simmer till the sauce thickens, any other 2 mins. Turn off the warmth and upload the hen meat into the sauce and blend nicely. Enjoy your food for iftar.
That’s Iftar Food Ideas Recipe that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
Other recipes you might be interested in trying: 5 Best Salmon Omelette Recipe