Vegetable salad is often the mainstay of the menu for people who are implementing a healthy diet. Korean Salad might be your reference for cooking. The content of nutrients and high fiber in a bowl of food is sufficient for daily energy supply. Here is a Korean salad recipe that can be made at home.
Korean Salad Menu
Quoting from various page sources, here is a Korean Salad Recipe:
1. Korean Green Salad
Ingredients Korean Green Salad (Korean Salad Menu):
- 100 g mixed tossed salad (3.5 ounces)
- 50 g apple or nashi pear (optional), peeled & thinly sliced (1.8 ounces)
- 50 g cucumber (optional), thinly sliced (1.8 ounces)
- 20 g purple onion (optional), thinly sliced (0.7 ounces)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds (optional), to garnish
- 2 tsp soy , regular
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Korean fish sauce
- 1 tsp Korean chili flakes (gochugaru), (optional)
How to cook Ingredients Korean Green Salad (Korean Salad Menu)::
- Combine the dressing ingredients during a small bowl. Whisk well until the sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Place the most salad ingredients (except for sesame seeds) during a bowl and pour over the dressing . Gently toss to coat. Sprinkle sesame seeds sparingly over the salad. Serve. Enjoy the Korean Salad.
Nutritional content of Ingredients Korean Green Salad (Korean Salad Menu):
Calories: 29kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 432IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg
2. Korean Lettuce Salad
Ingredients Korean Lettuce Salad (Korean Salad Recipe):
- 1 bunch (about ½ pound: 8-9 ounces ) green or red leaf lettuce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 scallion , chopped
- ¼ cup worth onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons soy
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (or salt)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Korean hot pepper flakes (gochugaru)
- 1 tablespoon toasted vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
How to cook Korean Lettuce Salad (Korean Salad Recipe):
- Wash and drain the lettuce. Shake the lettuce to get rid of excess water.
- Korean lettuce salad making
- Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces and put aside .
- Combine garlic, scallion , onion, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, hot pepper flakes, and toasted vegetable oil during a large bowl and blend it well until the sugar is well dissolved.
- Add the lettuce to the seasoning mixture and blend it gently by hand.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve it directly as a entremots for rice. Enjoy the Korean Salad.
3. Korean Lettuce Sweet and Sour Salad
Ingredients Korean Lettuce Sweet and Sour Salad (Korean Salad Menu):
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy
- 1 tbsp juice
- 1 tbsp Apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Korean Hot Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Honey
- 8 oz Leaf Lettuce washed, drainked and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup Carrots julienned
- 1/4 cup Radishes thinly sliced
How to cook Korean Lettuce Sweet and Sour Salad (Korean Salad Menu):
- Combine garlic, scallions, onion, soy sauce, juice , vinegar, vegetable oil , hot pepper flakes and honey during a large bowl . Mix well with a whisk.
- Add the lettuce and blend by hand to make sure the seasonings are fully incorporated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy the Korean Salad.
4. Korean Spinach Salad
Ingredients Korean Spinach Salad (Korean Salad Menu):
- 4-5 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Toasted benniseed
How to cook:
- Gather all the ingredients.
- In a large stove top pan, add enough water to boil the spinach. Bring water to boil.
- In the meantime, prepare and wash spinach as required .
- Grate garlic with a grater or press and put aside .
- Once water is boiling from step 2), add spinach leaves and boil for 75 seconds (or until spinach are cooked). Once 75 seconds has passed, rinse in cold water to prevent the cooking process.
- Drain and squeeze out any excess water from the spinach, cut the spinach into 1/2 inch length, loosen the spinach and transfer into a bowl .
- Combine vegetable oil , salt, garlic and sesame seeds into bowl and toss well. Salt to taste and keep stored in fridge until able to serve. Enjoy the Korean Salad.
Nutritional content of Korean Spinach Salad (Korean Salad Menu):
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 386mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 11252IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 3mg
5. Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad
Ingredients Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad (Korean Salad Menu):
- 10 cocktail cucumbers chopped into ½ inch rounds (about 2¾ cups of chopped cucumbers)
- 1 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Korean red pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic – – minced
- 2 teaspoons toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons toasted vegetable oil
How to cook Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad (Korean Salad Menu):
- Add the cucumber rounds during a large bowl and add the ocean salt and 1 Tablespoon of rice vinegar . Mix it together and let it marinate for half-hour . Meanwhile, add all the ingredients for the dressing during a small bowl and set it aside.
- After half-hour , drain out the surplus liquid from the marinated cucumbers and rinse them under water twice. Taste a cucumber to ascertain if it’s too salty and provides it another rinse if needed.
- Add the dressing to the pickled cucumbers and serve immediately. Enjoy the Korean Salad.
6. Korean Potato Salad Recipe (Gamja Salad)
Ingredients Korean Potato Salad Recipe (Korean Salad Recipe):
- 642 g (1 ½ lb) russet potatoes peeled and cubed into ½ inch pieces
- water for boiling and iced water bath
- 17.5 g (2 tbsp) kosher salt for boiling
- 77 g (1 medium) Persian cucumber sliced as thinly as possible
- 2 g (¼ tsp) rice vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- 30 g (1 medium) carrot peeled and dig ⅛ inch pieces
- 2.5 g (¾ tsp) kosher salt for seasoning
- 65 g (⅓ c) mayonnaise
- 15 g (1 tbsp) rice syrup or honey
How to cook Korean Potato Salad Recipe (Korean Salad Recipe):
- Potatoes: Clean, peel, and cube your potatoes into ½ inch pieces. during a large pot of water over medium-high heat, add the potatoes and therefore the salt for boiling.
- After the water reaches a boil, still boil for about 10 minutes or until you’ll pierce the potatoes easily with a fork. When the potatoes are done, transfer the cooked potatoes into a strainer and permit them to dry off on the counter while you begin the cucumbers, eggs, and carrots. NOTE: Don’t throw away the water. you’ll be using the water for the eggs and carrots.
- Cucumbers: Slice the cucumbers as thinly as possible and salt them with ⅓ of the seasoning kosher salt. Mix until the salt coats all of the cucumbers.
- Put aside for 10 minutes to disgorge all of the surplus water within the cucumbers. After 10 minutes, place the cucumbers during a strainer and run the cucumbers under running water to get rid of the salt. Using your hands, squeeze out the maximum amount water from cucumbers as possible, but don’t damage the cucumbers. Place them into a bowl and blend within the rice vinegar to season.
- Eggs: Place the eggs into the boiling water and boil for 11 minutes. Make an iced-bath of water to chill down the eggs during a bowl crammed with enough water to hide the eggs and a few few ice.
- Transfer the eggs into an iced-bath for two minutes. Remove the eggs, then peel them. Slice them in half and take away the egg yolks.
- Julienne the egg whites then cut them into smaller ⅛ inch pieces. Crumble the coddled egg yolk pieces in between your hands. Reserve about ¼ of the ingredient crumbles in another bowl.
- Carrots: Peel and cut the carrots into ⅛ inch pieces. Put the carrots into the boiling water and blanch for two minutes or until the carrots have slightly softened, but still have a bite.
- Remove carrots and run them under cold water until they’re at temperature .
- Add the cooked potatoes into a bowl , use a masher or a fork to mash the potatoes until the pieces are choppy , but not smooth.
- Try to not over-mash them or they’re going to become too sticky or gloopy.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ⅔ leftover of the kosher salt, and rice syrup. Mix until it’s fully incorporated.
- In the bowl with the mashed potatoes, add the mayonnaise mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the cucumbers, carrots, egg whites, and therefore the ingredient crumbles. Stir until combined.
- Sprinkle the reserved ¼ portion of ingredient crumbles.
- Place within the fridge for a minimum of half-hour before serving or until it’s chilled to the touch. you’ll also make this each day ahead. Enjoy the Korean Salad.
7. Fresh Napa Cabbage Kimchi Salad (Baechu Geotjeori)
Ingredients Fresh Napa Cabbage Kimchi Salad (Korean Salad):
- 820 g napa cabbage , (1.8 pounds) Chinese cabbage
- 240 g korean radish or daikon radish, (8.5 ounces)
- 50 g brown onion , (1.8 ounces)
- 40 g scallion , (1.4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup halite , or Korean coarse sea salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 Tbsp soy
- 1/2 Tbsp korean fish sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar (I used raw sugar)
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
How to cook Fresh Napa Cabbage Kimchi Salad (Korean Salad):
- Prepare the most ingredients.
- Rinse the outer layer of the Napa cabbage in running water. Cut the stem off. Tear the leaves into long shapes (using hands and/or knife). Alternatively you’ll cut the leaves into 4-5 vertical sections.
- Rinse the radish, peel the skin and thinly slice it.
- Peel the onion skin, rinse then thinly slice it.
- Rinse the onion and cut each stalk into 3-5 sections.
- Put the torn/cut Napa cabbage during a big bowl. Add the salt and therefore the water into the bowl and blend well with the cabbage. Put something heavy on top of the cabbage to help saltiness stepping into the cabbage. (Osmosis process)
- I used an enormous sauce pan and water to place pressure on the cabbage. Leave the cabbage like this for about 1 hour. During this point , mix the cabbage every 20 mins in order that salt water gets into the leaves evenly.
- After 1 hour, drain the water off. Rinse the cabbage in running water several times and shake off the salt (if any). Tightly squeeze the cabbage to get rid of the water.
- Put the cabbage and other prepared vegetables into an enormous clean bowl. Add the sauce and blend them well together.
- Serve with rice or other Korean dishes. Enjoy the Korean Salad.
That’s Korean Salad Menu that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
This is delicious Korean Breakfast Menu that you can try: 13 Menu Popular Korean Breakfast Food