Sandwich are breads that contain toppings, usually served directly or baked first. There are various types of fillings selected for the sandwich menu, one of which is potato sandwich.
Although it may sound unusual, the addition of potatoes as a sandwich filling can give a full and delicious effect of course. Do you know how to make a potato sandwich? If not, then you should see the full recipe below.
Potato Sandwich Menu
Quoting from various page sources, here is a Potato Sandwich Recipe:
1. Baked Potato Sandwich
- 8 to 10 slices of white bread
- 2 to 3 medium potatoes
- 1 to 2 green chilies
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chopped cilantro leaves
- Butter to taste
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheddar cheese (optional)
How to cook Baked Potato Sandwich:
- The very first step to processing potatoes is to boil them first. Boil the potatoes until they become softer in texture. Remove the skin and then mash the potatoes like making mashed potatoes.
- The next step is to mix all the ingredients that have been prepared into the potatoes. Combine ingredients and mix evenly. This method will make the taste of the potatoes even more different.
- When the potatoes are ready, you just need to arrange the bread by placing the potatoes on it. Spread the potatoes on the bread to be processed. Next, add grated cheese if you use it.
- After all the steps have been done, you can immediately bake it. The roasting process can be done using the oven or pan. If it has changed color to brown, remove and serve while warm.
2. Potato Sandwich with Egg
Ingredients Potato Sandwich with Egg:
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread
- 3 pieces of curly lettuce
- 1 tbsp low fat butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 75 grams of boiled potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 50 grams of cucumber, cut into small dice
- 75 grams of cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- tsp chili powder
- tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
How to cook:
- Make the egg, set aside.
- Heat olive oil, saute potatoes, cucumber and cheese.
- Add chili powder and salt, mix well. Lift.
- Grease bread with butter. Put the curly lettuce.
- Spoon the potato and cheese stir fry. Cover with the egg.
- Serve immediately
3. Peas & Potato Sandwich Recipe
Ingredients Peas & Potato Sandwich Recipe:
- 1 bowl Large peas , boiled
- 3 potatoes (grated), boiled
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Madras curry powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 Bread slices
- to taste salt
How to cook Peas & Potato Sandwich Recipe:
- Heat the pan and drizzle it with olive oil and flash fry green chilies. Add the potatoes and saute.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, curry powder, boiled peas, red chili powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Mash the potatoes and peas and let it cook away for 2-3 minutes.
- Once cooked leave the filling to cool down
- Use slices of bread and butter them evenly.
- Evenly spread the filling on 3 bread slices and now cover them each with a slice of bread.
That’s Potato Sandwich Recipe that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
This is delicious Chinese Breakfast that you can try: 11 Popular Chinese Breakfast