Russian street food Recipe is a traditional food known for its taste, but also for its health benefits as well. This is a recipe in vegetarian version. In Russia, street food is an important part of everyday life. It’s cheap and delicious.
Learn how to cook Russian street food at home. The recipes are simple and the cooking methods are easy.
Street food is something we always look forward to trying when we have the opportunity. Some food is so good that you would never mind eating it on the street. It is like a taste of home for us.
Russian Street Food Recipes
1. Russian Street Food Recipes: Cheburek
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 glass of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 400 g beef, ground or minced
- ½ onion
- Salt, cumin, and pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
How to cook:
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of oil to a cup of water, and then mix it into the flour and salt. Mix all the ingredients and shape the dough into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Slice the onion and mix it with the ground or minced beef. Add salt, ground cumin, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it on a floured surface until smooth, so that it does not stick to your palms.
- Divide the dough into two parts and roll out until about 2-3 mm thick.
- Cut the dough using a large circle mold, and place the meat filling on one of the halves. Brush the edges of the dough with water and fold half the dough over the filling.
- Remove any excess air and tack the ends.then secure with a fork.
- Heat a wide skillet with oil to about 180 °C. When the oil is ready, start frying your raw cheburek for about 2 minutes and turn it over.
- If the oil is too hot, the dough will cook too quickly while the filling will not. So use medium heat for frying.
Ingredient russian street food recipes blini:
- 2 large eggs
- 2,5 cups full-cream milk
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or refined coconut oil
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to cook russian street food recipes blini:
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add the milk.
- Add sugar, salt, baking soda, oil, and butter. Whisk until well mixed.
- Gradually beat in the flour, then the vanilla extract. The dough should be smooth with no visible lumps.
- The batter will probably be heavy and lumpy, close to the consistency of heavy cream.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet. Coat with non-stick spray or a little oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the center of the pan and stir quickly to distribute it evenly.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until the edges are golden and have a lacy appearance.
- The top will be dry, with no visible batter liquid. Flip and cook for 20 seconds or until set. transfer to a plate.
3. Best Russian Street Food: Pirozhki
Ingredient Best Russian Street Food: Pirozhki:
- 1 kg of flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams of butter
- 150 grams of sugar
- 30 grams of yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to cook Best Russian Street Food: Pirozhki:
- Prepare a saucepan and then heat the milk over low heat, stirring constantly, Add a little sugar.
- Mix flour with salt, sugar, and yeast, then add eggs and milk, and knead until smooth.
- If it is smooth, cover the dough until it expands, and wait for about 50 minutes.
- Melt the butter, set it aside.
- After the dough expands, add melted butter, then knead again until smooth and let it rest for about 50 minutes.
- Divide some of the dough, add the filling, and bake. Then beat the egg and brush over the pirozhki dough. Bake until cooked, approximately 30 minutes.
- Pirozhki are ready to be served.
That’s Russian Street Food that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
Other recipes you might be interested in trying: Here are 3 Delicious Teriyaki Mahi Mahi