Whether you’re looking for a quick and healthy entree or you love to make things a little more elaborate, this teriyaki mahi mahi recipe is perfect for you. This recipe is a quick guide on how to make a delicious teriyaki mahi mahi with a little bit of ginger.
This recipe for a flavorful and easy one-skillet teriyaki fish makes for a perfect weeknight dinner. Serve over brown rice for a delicious low-carb, gluten-free meal.
Teriyaki Mahi Mahi Recipe
1. Teriyaki Mahi Mahi Delicious
Ingredients Teriyaki Mahi Mahi Delicious:
- Olive oil
- 1 Medium Non-Stick Pan
- 1 Small Pot
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Large Non-stick Pan
How to cook Teriyaki Mahi Mahi Delicious:
- Cook and Cool Rice. Bring a small pot of rice and 11/4 cup water to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15-18 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the stove and transfer the rice to a plate. Spread in a single layer and refrigerate until cool, 10-15 minutes.
- While the rice is cold, continue the recipe.
- Prepare the ingredients for the Mandarin Salad
Drain the mandarin oranges and coarsely chop them.
- Trim the bottom end of the broccoli and cut into 1/2″ cubes at an angle.
- Slice and thinly slice the green onions at an angle, separating the white and green parts.
- Chop the garlic.
- In a mixing bowl, gently stir or stir in the green parts of the scallions, oranges, sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp. olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Dry the mahi-mahi after splitting it.Season everything with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Make Fried Rice, Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tsp. olive oil and sesame oil.
- Add the garlic and white part of the green onion to the hot skillet. Stir frequently until it starts to brown, 60-90 seconds.
- Add broccolini, cold rice, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Stir occasionally until hot and rice begins to crunch, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- While cooking the rice, continue the recipe.
- Cook Mahi-Mahi
Place a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and add 1 tsp. olive oil.
- Add the mahi-mahi to the hot skillet. Cook until the mahi-mahi reaches a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Fish thickness may vary; if you receive a thinner fillet, we recommend checking for doneness sooner.
- Transfer the mahi-mahi to a plate. Keep the pan over medium heat.
- Making the Sauce and the Finished Dish
Stir in 1 tbsp. water and teriyaki glaze in a hot saucepan. Stir occasionally until combined and hot, 60-90 seconds.
- Remove from the heat.Stir in butter until melted and combined.
- Dishes like the picture on the front of the card, topping mahi-mahi with sauce and mandarin salad.
2. Teriyaki Mahi Mahi Simple
Ingredients Teriyaki Mahi Mahi Simple:
- 4 fillets of mahi mahi (6 ounces each),
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder,
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup low sodium teriyaki sauce,
How to cook Teriyaki Mahi Mahi Simple:
- Sprinkle the mahi mahi with garlic powder and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook the mahi mahi in the oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the fish peels easily with a fork.
- Take out and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, sauté the ginger for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce; heat through.
- Serve over teriyaki mahi mahi.
3. Mahi Mahi Teriyaki Pineapple Glaze and Coconut
Ingredient Mahi Mahi Teriyaki Pineapple Glaze and Coconut:
- frying pan sprayed with vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups of canned coconut milk
- 1 cup short grain rice
- Neutral oil, for pan
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- halal salt
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lime, sliced and juiced
- Olive oil, for the skillet
- 1/2 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 mahi-mahi fillets
How to cook pineapple teriyaki mahi mahi recipe:
- For the coconut rice: Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and salt and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Cook until the coconut milk and rice are boiling.Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover.Cook for about 15 minutes. Remove the lid and puree the rice.
- For the pineapple glaze: Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add oil to coat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Make sure to stir frequently, as the sugar will burn quickly! Then add the chili sauce and salt. Add the scallions and cook until soft, about 2 more minutes.
- Then, add the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, and lime juice and zest. Bring it to a boil and then reduce the heat. Cook for 10 minutes, or until reduced by a quarter and thick and glossy.
- For the mahi-mahi and bell peppers, prepare as follows:Heat a grill pan to medium. Coat the grill pan with olive oil.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and cook until browned, slightly charred and starting to soften. Transfer the peppers to the side of the grill pan.
- Add a little more olive oil. Salt mahi-mahi on both sides. Grill fish on each side until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Coat the mahi-mahi with the pineapple glaze.
- Turn the fish over and coat it generously on the reverse side.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and serve with roasted peppers and coconut rice.
That’s Teriyaki Mahi Mahi Recipe that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
Other recipes you might be interested in trying: Here are 3 Delectable Scallop Sashimi, You Must Try!