Uramaki sushi or oshi sushi is typified by a cylindrical roll, usually filled with cooked rice, nori (seaweed), and fish or other ingredients. Uramaki, a type of sushi, is not just a simple roll. This sushi is created by folding a piece of sushi over on itself, forming a triangle. Get the full recipe here.
Uramaki Sushi Recipes
Quoting from various page sources, here is a Uramaki Sushi recipe:
1. Uramaki Sushi Roll
Ingredients Uramaki sushi roll:
- 660g cooked japanese sushi rice
- 50ml sushi vinegar
- for the back to front roll:
- 1 long segment of sashimi grade fish
- 1 long portion of cucumber
- 1 sheet nori ocean growth
- 1 branch dill
- 1/2 tsp wasabi
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
How to cook Uramaki inside out sushi roll:
- Moisten within a sushi rice blending bowl or an enormous bowl to keep the rice from staying. The rice should be newly cooked and hot while planning sushi rice. Place the 660g cooked japanese rice in the bowl and add the 50ml sushi vinegar.
- Delicately blend the vinegar into the rice utilizing a rice paddle until the vinegar is very much integrated. Allow the sushi to rice cool down to room temperature. Cover the sushi rice with a dampened tea towel to keep the rice from drying out.
- Cut the 1 sheet nori ocean growth into equal parts, and afterward put half of the nori on the sushi mat gleaming side down.
- As a brilliant rule, the sparkly side of the nori ocean growth ought to continuously be outwardly of the sushi.
- Place generally 110g of sushi rice on the nori ocean growth and spread across equitably. Put the twig of dill on the rice. Flip the nori ocean growth and sushi rice so that the nori kelp is looking vertical.
- Add a little piece of wasabi and spot the two segments of cucumber and sashimi grade fish in the middle. Begin moving from the base, tucking the edge of the roll to encase the filling completely. Lift the edge of the mat and keep on moving ahead until the sushi is shaped into a firm chamber.
- Slightly wet the cutting edge of a sharp blade and cut the roll into 6 pieces. To start with, cut it into equal parts and afterward the parts into thirds.
- Clean the blade with a wet towel between slices to keep the rice from adhering to the blade. Present with soy sauce. Go ahead and decorate with different food sources like white/dark sesame seeds, tobiko, chives, and so on. Enjoy your Uramaki Sushi inside out roll.
2. Uramaki Sushi with Salmon (Inside-out Roll)
Ingredients Uramaki Sushi with Salmon:
- 150 gram Fresh salmon filet Slices of 5 cm wide and a length of 20 cm
- 1 Nori sheet Seaweed
- 1 Avocado
- 0.5 tsp Sesame seeds
- 90 gram Sushi rice Short grain rice that is somewhat tacky
- 1 Kombu piece around 1-in x 1-in square
- 150 ml Water
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 0.75 tbsp Sugar
- 0.25 tsp Salt
How to cook Uramaki Sushi with Salmon:
- Wash the sushi rice very well various times.
- Absorb the rice a lot of water for 40 minutes.
- Pour water in a cooking container. Drop the kombu into the pot and put pot on oven over medium intensity. Similarly as water is going to bubble, eliminate kombu and add the rice vinegar. Put the top back on and permit water to reach boiling point.
- Diminish intensity to medium low and let rice cook for around 8 to 10 minutes or until everything water is retained.
- Switch off intensity and eliminate pot without opening the top. Permit rice to sit for 10 minutes prior to dealing with.
- Consolidate vinegar, sugar, and salt in a little bowl. Mix until sugar and salt break up.
- Move rice to a saturated sushi tub or enormous shallow bowl. Pour vinegar blend equitably over the rice. Tenderly blend in the vinegar combination in with a rice paddle in a cutting movement.
- Try not to pound. Turn the rice with the oar and fan as you come. This will assist the rice with retaining the vinegar and give it a shiny look.
- Cut a long and slender cut of salmon from the salmon filet estimating 20 cm long and 5 cm wide. Keep it in the ice chest
- Wrap sushi mat totally with plastic therapist wrap. Tape down the closures of the plastic on the opposite side of the mat.
- Put a sheet of nori on your work surface. Soaked your hands and spread an even layer of vinegared rice with the assistance of a rice paddle onto nori.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the rice.
- Turn the rice covered nori over onto the plastic covered sushi mat. Spread one more far layer of rice mostly up the nori.
- Make a furrow in the focal point of the rice and spot 3 portions of avocado and the salmon on the nori.
- Holding down the loading up with your fingers, lift the mat with your thumbs and begin moving ahead while withdrawing the mat in reverse. Utilize the mat to assist with forming the roll.
- Saturate blade and cut every sushi roll about ¾ inch thick. Present with a little bit of wasabi.
- Enjoy your Uramaki Sushi with Salmon.
3. Vegan California Rolls and Uramaki Sushi
Ingredients Vegan California Rolls and Uramaki Sushi:
- 1 cup rice (short grain is ideal, yet medium grain will do when absolutely necessary) [236ml]
- 1 cup water [236ml]
- 2 – 3 tablespoons plain rice vinegar (see notes for replacements) [30ml – 45ml]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar or other sugar [22cc]
- 1 teaspoon salt [5cc]
- 1 bamboo moving mat
- 1 bowl of water (for keeping hands moist)
- 1 sodden kitchen towel (for cleaning blade sharp edge between cuts)
- A sharp blade
How to cook Vegan California Rolls and Uramaki Sushi:
- Measure 1 cup of sushi rice and add it to your cooking pot.
- Wash the rice. Fill the pot with water, mix to release the starches and channel the greater part of the water out. Crunch the rice around for a couple of moments, add more water, mix and channel. Rehash until the water runs clear.
- Channel the water, then, at that point, add one cup of water.
- Cover the pot and put on the oven. Intensity to a bubble, then promptly turn down the intensity to low. Cook undisturbed for 25 minutes or until the rice is feathery and completely cooked. Eliminate from heat.
- Join the vinegar, sugar and salt. Blend until disintegrated and add to the rice.
- Overlay the rice tenderly until the vinegar combination is completely consolidated. Put the rice to the side to cool. You might spread it out in a huge, covered compartment and put it in the refrigerator or cooler to rapidly cut down the temperature.
- In the mean time, set up your fillings. At the point when the rice is cooled, you’re set!
- To make uramaki sushi, you really want to make your bamboo moving mat non-stick. You can cover it with saran wrap, or utilize a piece of material paper as an obstruction.
- Take one piece of nori and overlay it across it’s longest side. Tear along the crease.
- Piace one of the mori parts on the arranged moving mat with the finished side up.
- Soak hands and put a small bunch of rice on the nori. Spread it equally on the sheet, leaving about an inch revealed along one of the long sides.
- You maintain that the rice should be a couple of grains thick with the mori for the most part covered yet you ought to have the option to see it through the rice.
- Smooth the rice by pushing down with a spatula or your sodden hands.
- Flip the nori over so the rice is straightforwardly on the mat with the uncovered strip as an afterthought nearest to you and agreed with the edge of the mat.
- Put the fillings on top of the nori. Put them in a line as an afterthought nearest to you yet on the part that has rice under. Make an effort not to add a lot filling; if all else fails, utilize less.
- Get the mat as an afterthought nearest to you and use it to roll the nori over the fillings and wrap it up under the otherside. Give it a press, then, at that point, keep moving as close as possible until the end.
- Immovably, yet delicately, press the roll along the length to even it out.
- Put the roll away and rehash with the remainder of the nori.
- To cut, saturate your blade a little prior to cutting the sushi roll into reduced down pieces. The blade will get tacky from the rice so clean it off with a clammy kitchen towel oftentimes.
- Present with soy sauce and wasabi (whenever wanted) and appreciate! Enjoy your Vegan California Rolls and Uramaki Sushi.
That’s Uramaki Sushi Recipes that you must try, besides having health benefits, it also has a unique taste.
Other recipes you might be interested in trying: 3 Menu Popular Sushi Maki